Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

How to finance your divorce...

John Cleese launches his How to Finance Your Divorce tour

John Cleese has gone back on the road at the age of 70, claiming that his divorce settlement from third wife Alyce Faye Eichelberger has made it necessary.

 
Divorce: John Cleese says he has gone back on tour to fniance his divorce from Alyce Eichelberger.
Divorce: John Cleese says he has gone back on tour to fniance his divorce from Alyce Eichelberger. Photo: PA
The Oscar nominated comedy actor opens his one-man show, entitled A Ludicrous Evening with John Cleese… or How to Finance Your Divorce, in Oslo on Friday night.
Cleese told the Daily Mail that the only reason he had started working again was because of the £12 million settlement he reached this summer.
He said: “I get angry that I have to pack my trunk just to go away to make money.
“That I, at my age, would have to plan my life anew to pay her all the money she is to get for the next seven years – well it irritates me.
“I’d rather have been drinking coffee, reading books and writing. I can’t afford that now.”
The stage show is a mixture of topical comedy and stories from the Monty Python star’s career.
After seven dates in Norway, Cleese will take the show to the US, under the amended title: A Final Wave at the World... or the Alimony Tour Year One.
The actor is giving his former wife £8 million in cash and assets which include an apartment in New York, a £2 million mews house in fashionable Holland Park in west London, and half a beach house in Santa Barbara in California which is yet to be sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment