Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

GPS sends driver up goat path - Switzerland.

  • 27 September 2010, 11:14

Mother of all sat nav mishaps

Sat nav mishap /Europics
A Swiss van driver and his vehicle had to be rescued by helicopter after his sat nav sent him up a remote mountain footpath.
Driver Robert Ziegler, 37, found himself stranded near the peak at Bergun, Switzerland, unable to go forward or turn around to go back the way he came.
Rescue workers scrambled a heavy lifting helicopter to carry the van and its driver to safety after he dialed for help on his mobile phone.
"I was lost and I kept hoping that each little turn would get me back to the main road. In the end it told me to turn around but of course I couldn't by then," the driver told police.
A fire brigade spokesman explained: "He claims he didn't see any footpath signs but he must have been a pretty fair driver to get that far up a glorified goat track."

No comments:

Post a Comment