Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Airport security stole my half used cleanser. Plane madness!


Airport security stole my half used cleanser. Plane madness!

By LIZ JONES 
Last updated at 1:51 AM on 28th October 2010
Funny, outrageous and downright rude. Who's in Liz Jones' firing line this week?
airport
Illogical: Liz has her half full Sisley cream confiscated at airport security
A British Airways boss has criticised the draconian checks before you board a flight to the U.S.
He cited the inconsistency of sometimes asking people to remove their shoes, sometimes waving them through (my objection here is they don’t offer disposable white terry slippers, so I don’t have to walk on the awful, dirty carpet).
But what he should have talked about is discrimination, profiling if you like, of beauty products. Now, I flew to Edinburgh last week.
On the way up, I checked in my bag but, as the airport workers managed to cover it in awful black grease (have they never heard of Wet Wipes?), I refused to allow it in the hold on the way home.
I put it through the X-ray machine, and it was taken to one side and opened. The man got out my wash bag. He proceeded to empty it. 
‘Everything needs to fit in this clear plastic bag,’ he said, waving one. ‘What is this, a branch of Boots?’
‘These items are over 100ml.’
‘But the bottles are half full.’
‘That makes no difference.’
‘But the cleansers are by Sisley — you are looking at about £120 worth. And it is a domestic flight. Just think of it as like being on a train, except it’s in the air.’
I was marched back to check-in, but was told it was too late to deposit my case, and so my Sisley products were confiscated.
They let me keep the Retardent mouthwash, as I had bought it in duty free on the outward journey — this despite the fact I had opened it and used it over the previous two days.
You see, it makes no logical sense at all. I sometimes wonder whether these people see a lovely bag, an exquisite vat of Chanel scent (also confiscated) and they wreak a horrible revenge.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1324332/Airport-security-stole-half-used-cleanser-Plane-madness.html#ixzz13i7aFLge

No comments:

Post a Comment